Black Star's Favorite
Holiday Recipes with Beer
It’s getting to be that time of the year. You’re starting to see decorations around town, the air has that certain crispness and everyone gathers together on Sundays to watch their favorite NFL teams fight to make it one step closer to the Superbowl. Nothing beats the Holidays! There are a few things we love most about this season, but delicious food and beer take the cake!
Here are a couple of our favorite Black Star Beer inspired recipes for the Holidays. Grab a 6-pack of Black Star and you’re ready to whip up some easy-to-make and tasty dishes to share with friends and family!
Bacon & Beer Glazed Pecans
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 TBS Kosher salt
3 ½ cups Pecan halves
4 Bacon slices chopped
1/3 cup Black Star Beer
Ground Black Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place brown sugar, bacon, beer, salt and pepper in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring often. Pour in pecans and stir to coat.
- Spread pecan mixture on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove mixture from the oven and spread onto a sheet of foil while still warm to break up large clumps. Cool mixture to room temperature and serve in a bowl. They won’t last long.
Quick Fix Beer Bread
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
12 ounces Black Star Beer
2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center. Pour in beer and olive oil and mix until just blended.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 minutes, until golden brown.